Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We, only we can make the difference

Well, this will be a small post. In the last post I spoke about the attitude of men towards women and since then, I felt like showing that post to my boss. Showing him the post came into my mind because I thought that it is high time that someone should actually start making a difference. Well, I don't know how successful it would be but at least I know that I have been vocal about my thoughts and that some men just cannot stop me from being the way I am. I did show him the post and even asked him to put up the print out on the soft board, so that everyone can read it. His first reaction to this was whether everyone will be able to comprehend it or not. I simply highlighted the portion where I had mentioned about the office nuisance. He agreed to me, however, also mentioned that people should not know that I have written it. My reaction to it was that I actually do not mind writing my name on that paper because people should know what I feel and what I think about them. Moreover, he also promised that he would send a mail to each one saying that complaints against male employees of the firm have come up regarding their behavior and therefore, if they are not careful in the future, severe actions would be taken. I am definitely feeling happy about the whole thing and the best part was when I sited an example of slapping a bus conductor in Delhi because he was drunk and was misbehaving. The only reaction he gave was do not do this, to which I said that now since I have actually told him about my initial indirect reaction to that jerk in the office, now I would actually not mind letting him directly know my thoughts and letting him know that he is jerk and the only things that makes him a man are his balls.

This was not a big thing that I did but yes small things can give us the courage and these small reactions can actually let these men know that it is high time and we are here to make the difference in our lives and for this we do not need to take the help of any man. We, only we can make the difference.

No comments: