Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Art is indeed the food for the soul

I am back after a long time. This time, I decided not to write about social causes, I want to write about something else. Let this be music. Music has been the food for the soul and that is so true. If I talk about myself, I cannot imagine myself without music. In fact, let me do something. Let me talk about some art forms that we humans create for other humans to enjoy. This includes music, dance, theatre, films, paintings, novels (I just forgot about them). All these art forms that are created by someone has so much importance in our lives. They reflect our emotions, they relect us and they uplift our spirits. They not only entertain us but also say something to us. However, somehow, most of us do not let these art pieces get into soul. In fact, we don't even let them peep into our heart. There is so much that the world of art has to offer to us. For me they are definitely the food for my soul. Today itself, I was researching about Sufism, I am fascinated by it. It touched my soul and I am on my journey to know more about it. Wish me luck, as I really want to find out everything possible about it. I wish we belonged to this perfect world where there is peace, love and lots of art forms. I wish everyday I could dance in the rain, sing my heart out, watch theatrics every evening over a cup of coffee with friends. That would be a perfect life. I would definitely continue working, that will give me the money....but wait...I was talking about the perfect world........then why do I need to work :)

No comments: