Thursday, March 05, 2009

Wohi Khuda Hai (HE IS THE BEING)

"Wohi Khuda Hai" is one of those rarely heard songs by Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Saab. I came across this song yesterday. The reason why I came across this song is because I was trying to go forward with my research on Sufism. Now some of my Literate Friends would again pass some wierd comments on the topic of my research. They would again tag me as mad, as someone, who is losing it. Well, if that's how it is, then I am happy being MAD in this world. While conducting my research on Sufism and it's various facts, I started discussing Islam with one of my Moslem friends. Though she herself does not believe in religion but the way she explained certain facts about HER religion to me, I was left speechless. The world is going through a lot in the name of the Being and Jehad. I don't have anything against any religion but being a part of this world, I have all the rights to know about all religions and to raise my voice in whichever way possible. This is one way to do that is what I feel.
I have always heard people say that the Quoran says that Islam is the best religion and that all people should be killed in the name of this religion. Well, this is absolute nonsense. Each religion, be it Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, they all propagate their religion but no religion says that kill people of the other religion. It seems that the LITERATE lot has somehow misunderstood and misinterpreted what all religions have to say. And especially when it comes to Islam, the scene is bad. Well, the reason can also be the fact that most terrosists follow Islam and their understanding of JEHAD is completely opposite to what it actually is. WHile trying to understand certain things, I came across the concept of JEHAD. SO, now let me help you guys understand teh exact concept. Jehad means to REACT against a wrong ACT. Jehad says that if you witness something wrong, you should not be passive to it. You should raise your voice or take any action to convey what is RIGHT. This is Jehad and it is not about killing people in the name of the Being. If you also see examples from one of the most celebrated Hindu Epics, Mahabharata, there also the Pandavas fought and killed their own cousins and Gurus, who were worng. The Pandavas REACTED against what is wrong. But never would we see anyone saying anything against this major episode known as the KURUKSHETRA.
The one thing that astonishes me today is that how much ignorant we have become about things.We are standing nowhere and unfortunately we do not want to go anywhere. It seems that we are happy being at the midst of nowhere.We are witnessing some of the msot cruel terrosist attacks, even in the galli nukkads people are fighting in the name of the Being. The Literate lot refuses to see or do anything. Well, I know we are all concerned about our own safety. But how safe are we? We cannot predict when a terrosist attack will happen and when we would die. I know that we really can't do much. We can't go to our neighbouring country and ask the terrosists to stop what they are doing. But being a part of a democratic nation, we can atleast change the way we look at different religions and understand the fact that we belong to one nation. We are ONE. We might belong to different religions and different cultures but it is the flesh, blood and the soul that makes all of us. The Being for whom we are all fighting like cats and dogs, is the One who created all of us. It is Him we all pray to. Hence, in his name, let's educate oursleves about other religions. "NEITHER YOU NOR I SOLVED THE SECRET OF THE BEING, NEITHER YOU NOR I OPENED THE PUZZLE, THE IMAGE OF YOU AND I ARE HIDDEN BEHIND THE CURTAIN, WHEN THE CURTAIN FALLS, NEITHER YOU NOR I WILL REMAIN"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i believe religion is a culture and not RELIGION as we take it. We should know about it to enrich our lives and not live or die for it. I swear by your dream of a perfect world that is beautiful...and i believe its there in each of our hearts and existence.If we think this way our future generation will also think the same ...thats my stategy of having a beautiful life... :)...owner of a beatiful world

Its Time to Think and Act said...

That's very true Pratima, the way we think will help our next generation think...which can help in making the world a better place..the dream world :)
Arpita